(about . camilla & yoga)
Day after day I rose at 6am for a crisp morning walk along the sleepy streets of Sydney’s Roselle. My destination was a small weather board hall at the end of a colder-sac where an older lady taught Iyengar Yoga. I can still smell the wafting scent of eucalyptus as we practiced and see the filtered sunlight illuminating my moving limbs. One day after class as I was putting on my shoes, a man walked up to me and said ‘you have the light of the world in your eyes’…. I was 24 and on an exchange with the ABC as a radio journalist. What this man saw was a truth, movement lit me up and my yoga practice was a sacred space. In 2002 I left the radio and moved to New York to dance and there I became a yoga teacher.
Teaching Credentials & Training
Training with World-class teachers & hosting at The Yoga Lab 2013 - 2016
Some of the yoga professionals Camilla has studied with include: John Friend (Anusara founder), Tara Judelle (Embodied Flow), Noah Maze (MazeYoga), Dounglas Brookes (philosophy), Carlos Pomeda (meditation & philosophy), Betsey Downing, Desiree Rumbaugh, Ross Rayburn, Julie Smerdon, Bridget Woods Kramer, Amy Ippoliti, Anna Ashby, Rebecca Parker.
E-RYT 500 Resgitration, June 2012
700+ training hours in Anusara Yoga including:
- 150 hours approx – Teacher Trainings, Immersions, Workshops with; Betsey Downing, Julie Smerdon, Bo Shree, Noah Maze, Barbra Noh, Desiree Rambough, Deepa Ebeli, Andrew Mornehis, Olivia Bryant, Natasha Sikand & John Friend, 2010 – 2011
- 3-day Yoga Therapy Intensive with John Friend (founder), 2011, Sydney
- 30 hours Anusara Yoga Therapy Training with Ross Rayburn, 2009, Singapore
- 80+ hours Teacher Training Intensives & Immersions with John Friend (founder Anusara Yoga™), 2006 – 2008, London & Paris
- 108 hour Anusara Yoga™ Teacher Training, Oct 2006 – May 2007, London
- Anusara Inspired™ Accreditation, Aug 2006, London
Yoga of Sound Teacher Training : 16 Hhrs RYT with Anahata Giri, 2011, Melbourne
Diploma Anatomy & Physiology: Nov 2007 – Nov 2009, London
Scripture study & Meditation workshops: Carlos Pomeda 2007 – 2009, London & Black Mountain California
Scripture Study: Douglas Brookes, 2008 – 2009, London
Shri Yoga Teaching Certification: Hatha Vinyasa, June – September 2005, NYC
Shri Yoga Teacher Immersion: Hatha Vinyasa, March – April 2005, NYC
Camilla continues to study actively across a range of yoga styles and movement modalities.